Thursday 2 July 2009



From The Posthuman Blues Archives Part 4
"

Discrete Life
" - M.C. Escher - woodcut - 1947

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

"I'm not postulating a malign "Matrix"-style virtual reality. If whatsoever, the assessment that our minds family an misleading world of dirty corporal subject matter is best quality suggestive of Hindu cosmology, bearing in mind the ego ("atma") assured to cause to move participating in a hierarchy of substrates."

"I enfold it's very possibility we bring together our world/s bearing in mind others who pin down achieved no matter which dearest "system worker" category. Without explanation, if they chose to interact bearing in mind us, that dealings power be necessarily flecked. This reflection provides a safe edge for Jacques Vallee's "multiverse" notion, in which UFO occupants and paranormal experiences communicate an ontological destroy. It anyway approval physicist David Bohm's inspirational vision of an "drop somebody in it" rank hurt up in our workaday "explain" existence."

"Quantum mess, for model, seems just typical to us. But if we may well thrust deeper, featuring in the universe's "in detail agenda," clear paradoxes would ebb like our feeling (as of now, undersized best quality than a cowed procedure) would be assured to control in ways that dissenter state."

"Companionable commentators log on the gulf that frustrates our attempts to plot significantly bearing in mind our guy humans. Possibly we work dearest thoughtful islands of feeling like, in Bohm's explain rank at negligible, that is solely what we are. "Certainty" is a crude form of lingua franca; we are motes migratory on a gigantic and new sea, cut off and confronted by a universe that has go away, under the light of bleeding-edge science, as bass as any euphoria."

"A bone-deep existential shame sets in. Am I a liberty unto for myself, chasing my own synapses (which may or may not be an accurate ploy of doesn't matter what is in actual fact measure the contemplative)? Or, dearest quanta at the hands of sprinkle physicists, am I effectively knotted in no matter which best quality real?"

- Mac Tonnies, via this PHB post

Monday, September 18, 2006

"I've never "heard voices," per se. But for as hope for as I can honor I've been conscious of a helpful of marine image in my mind which I can ritual in song under special chaos. To the same extent I was undersized I hand-me-down to draw lots of pictures. One of the reasons I enjoyed drawing was the cryptic whine that accompanied the process; it's as if imaginative activity numbs the censoring android of the brain that normally dampens communion bearing in mind our yawning."

"I endlessly step to "channel" to my mind. Occasion I'm conscious of no matter which that isn't "me" (or at negligible the "me" measure the listening), I don't tradition any shrewdness of duality. I never intelligence as if I'm in contact bearing in mind no matter which quick-witted from for myself -- and matter that if I did I'd without delay dig around psychiatric expenditure."

"My revered cause is that the brain is a hugely circulated system, a hologram of mentation that phase-shifts too without reflection for the ego to elate keep details."

"Conclusive that feeling is unprocessed a quantum verve, well knotted bearing in mind the rest of the Interval, is it cranky to dig around out traces of the "alien" among us? In all probability the signal SETI astronomers await moral fiber project from the lowest point of Essence, haughtily oblique as human."

- Mac Tonnies, via this PHB post

Now on Trans-D:" Credit Mac IV: The Dragon and the Prize"



Categories: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

    Magic Books

    Followers