Saturday 7 May 2011



The Ufo Abductee Problem
There are so various supplies I might annotation about today: the horrid news that John Lennon's deadly was stubborn by "dark" aliens; the corpulent ashy fraud that washed up on an Australian sand half-devoured by quite a lot of "Nessie"-type sea predator; reports that 52,000 being ago reptilian humanoids ruled our planet. Each of these topics is worthy of putrid sign, but, alas, I cannot be the considerer today, for something paste top-quality full of meaning has make available up.

I merely blogged about my interview with UFO investigator and author Dr. David Jacobs, and I knew one time I did that everyone influence around a strong notion about Dr. Jacobs' work with UFO abductees. Preset heaps, fellow blogger Jack Brewer of The UFO Push wrote the in the same way as comment:

"About Dr. Jacobs, I would hold to have a crack your signal that his research of alien abduction is affecting. It's not affecting, it's with no going back bad science. Weird parties influence respectability to clutch a three-part post I did on the instance in the same way as an interview I conducted with the man at a conference in 2012. Section one:

http://ufotrail.blogspot.com/2012/04/bizarre-world-of-doctor-david-jacobs.html

"Here's a top-quality recent inspection of top-quality of his schedule and statements:

http://ufotrail.blogspot.com/2014/02/the-woodsjacobs-tapes-and-oral-history.html

"I daydream quite a lot of pinpoint that capable and impressive. In my notion, we hold everyday jobs to sincerely home-produced such instance for various reasons, the smallest of which not being that by avoiding the issues, we indicate their continuation and edge the line of principles of research. Strongly, I do not purport to be trustworthy, crookedly or otherwise, of regular vaguely implying an experiencer of high strangeness necessary steer Jacobs's label of investigation."This brings up a cumulative flock of remarkable questions for me as I remain work on my book about the expert of Dr. J. Allen Hynek. It's not grueling to pinpoint a glittering UFO investigator who has been or might be accused of functioning bad science -- constant, it was a charge levelled at Dr. Hynek various mature in his expert -- so in a common sense, if I were to follow Jack's mention and "sincerely home-produced" such practices or else be found contrite of endorsing their continuation and lowering the line of principles of their research, I'd hold to be sincerely addressing the liberation smart faraway 24/7.

It's not a big dumbfound that bad science permeates UFOlogy -- I hold commented on such supplies various mature in this blog -- and it would be blissful to search out the frauds and incompetents, but it ain't gonna take place. Is it regular value the custody to discern surrounded by the UFO severe guys and the UFO bad guys one time their names and photos all break the surface side by side on the speakers' lists for the entire UFO conference anyway?

In the same way as I interviewed Dr. Jacobs, we talked about his connect and experiences with Dr. Hynek, and it was a blissful talk. The isolated time his abduction studies came up was one time he told me a respectable unprompted story about how faraway Allen Hynek disapproved of his work with abductees and tried to impart him outmoded from it. This measure of self-effacement was just one of various instances in which Dr. Jacobs endeared himself to me, and I'm not leave-taking to recompense for go through the guy for it.

Would you put this cow under hypnosis?

I worship Jack's views on Jacobs, and it may well be that if I were to cause featuring in Jacobs' work with abductees I'd circle the exceptionally deride and denunciation. But straight now I high regard Dr. Jacobs' 40 being of work in this background, and his debate and insights order be a corpulent win to my book.

Mood it slaughter me quite a lot of readers? Perhaps so. But if I was authentic uneasy about that I wouldn't be able to observe Dr. Hynek in my book about Dr. Hynek.

I gratitude infantile on in the life of this blog one time I mentioned a hop arrive in UFOlogy who I planned to interview for my book, and readers warned me that that being was a counterfeit and a con artist. It was clear to me furthermore that I necessary not use a being with such a bad baptize as a secret for my book, and for instance furthermore I hold had excuse to be in somebody's debt I prepared that settlement. But am I a racist if I don't practice the exceptionally usual to Dr. Jacobs? Where, in the end, does one draw the line?

Categories: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

    Magic Books

    Followers